Sunday, October 16, 2011

Apple Grafting, More Of

The mop rootstock receives an unfair level of care, attention and photography.

If you look closely you can see the whip and tongue graft under the grafting tape. When the graft was done the scion and rootstock wood was well aligned and pressed firmly against each other. A light coloured layer has appeared in the join which I assume is part of the formation of the graft.

Flowering continues.

This is my double grafted rootstock which will produce two of exactly the same apple on the same tree! Amazing eh.

I've never seen this before, its baby Preying Mantis season. This is the second one I've seen in the last few days lurking around in the apple blooms. I hope they like aphids and and are immune to pyrethrum but I'm probably asking too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment